THIRD TERM NEWS FOR GRADE 9 FAMILIES
- Exams will be held in English Language Arts, Social Studies, Science and Math in June. The exams are based on the work done since September 2014 and count for 10% of the year’s grade. Students will write in their homeroom classroom in the morning. A brief study period will be provided after morning attendance; the exam will start at 9:30 a.m. and will run until noon. Regular classes will resume in the afternoon.
Monday June 15 English Language Arts
Tuesday June 16 Social Studies
Wednesday June 17 Science
Thursday June 18 Mathematics*
*Students will need calculators for the math exam. They will NOT be allowed to use their cell phones as calculators for the exam.
- The Spring Fair has been scheduled for Saturday May 30 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.. Home and School is looking for parents who are willing to help. Send an e-mail to Laura McAvoy – email@example.com – to offer your help.
- The Grade 9 dance has been set for Thursday June 25 at the Banook Canoe Club. A group of Grade 9 parents will be meeting soon to plan the dance. We will send an e-mail with time and date of the meeting so that all who are interested may attend.
- Grade 9’s have been invited to an orientation session at Dartmouth High. A date in May is yet to be determined.
- Course selection is complete. There should be a parent double-check on Power School to ensure accuracy. Contact Guidance if there are questions/concerns.
- Students may need a refill of their pens, pencils and loose leaf to make it to the end of June!
There is no school for students on Wednesday, April 22nd. Teachers will have professional development in the morning. Parent teacher interviews will be held from 1:30 to 3:30 and 6:00 to 8:00. Elementary interviews are by appointment and will be held downstairs in the classrooms. Jr. High interviews are on a first-come-first-serve basis, and will be held in the gym.
We are hosting a Sports & Recreation Fair in the school gym Thursday night at 6:00pm. It’s a great opportunity to find out what’s going on in your community. There’ll be information on camps, teams and other programs for youth. Free pizza will be provided! Everyone is welcome!
Our next Home and School meeting is Wednesday, April 15 at 6:30pm. New members are always welcome, and anyone interested in helping out with the Spring Fair is encouraged to attend.